- » pH electrode
- » pH electrode - maintenance
- Handle electrode with care - it is fragile!
- Keep electrode always immersed. Use the solution recommended by manufacturer or neutral solution of KCl (3M-4M).
- Remember to always keep internal level of filling solution above the level of measured solution.
- Fill electrode (the flowing type) with correct filling solution (as recommended by manufacturer - usually KCl solution, 3M to saturated) to not let it dry internally.
- If the electrode will be not used for a long period of time, you may store it dry to prevent aging (aging takes place only when the electrode is wet). Don't try it with gel electrodes - these have to be stored in concentrated solution of KCl only.
- If dried incidentally, or after storing - soak for at least 24 hours before using.
- If you are using the electrode in solution containing substances able to clog the junction or stick to the glass bubble, clean the electrode as soon as possible after use.
- Don't put electrode in solutions that can dissolve glass - hydrofluroic acid (or acidified fluroide solution), concentrated alkalies.
- Don't put electrode into dehydrating solution such as ethanol, sulfuric acid, etc.
- Don't rub or wipe electrode bulb, to reduce chance of error due to polarization.
- Don't use organic solvents for cleaning of the electrode with epoxy body.
last modified on November 06 2022, 00:25:11.